Google

Friday, February 02, 2007

love, not a new thought

In huge gold letters across the back wall of my childhood Sunday School, it said “God Is Love”.

I’ve never doubted that message and regardless of how lost I have felt on my journey, I have relentlessly believed that message. God Is Love. There is no other way to put it. I dare any one who believes in something ‘greater’ than humanity to argue with me about this!

I imagine that almost anyone with a "spiritual or religious" belief system would agree that God is Love. At the same time, I imagine that regardless of how anti God some one is, Love is still good in their minds.

Maybe that's what we could do... come together, unite as a 'world people' on the basis of love.That's my goal, to love myself and my 'family' in a way that promotes love in my community.. and once we get past the grass-roots movement of the Love train, i am certain that it would spread like a plague of good to the rest of the world.Loving ourselves and our family as we love ourselves.... heh... neat concept... But not a new thought..

As our Uncle Nike said: Just Do It.

No comments: