Google

Friday, December 22, 2006

Introducing Sophieology

The etymology of the world wisdom is the greek, 'sophia' (femine form). The suffix 'ology, means the study of something. Sophieology, then is the study of wisdom; Sophieology is a philosophy and one who philosophizes is a lover of the study of wisdom. Wisdom is the collection and execution of ideas, thoughts, actions...a practice of Life and Love. Life is the mechanics and love is the enrgy. I desire to share with you, beloved reader, the reason these writings on Wisdom exist and why I feel it's so important for me to offer my strange thoughts with anyone who will listen.

So this answers the question of “What is Sophieology”; I am free to move on to other things such as how am I using the word ‘wisdom’. Here is a great definition of wisdom, probably the best explanation from the dictionary.

I also understand wisdom to the practice of the knowledge we understand. When we understand what we know, we have the opportunity to practice such knowing. Practicing embodies our knowing, creating more understanding and as we practice our understanding of this thing called life, we study wisdom; we become Sophie.

So, tally ho; ho ho ho…

No comments: